Thursday, June 14, 2007

Shopping


"the biggest artichoke I've ever seen. I placed it next to a normal artichoke to show how big it is"



Now I normally don't post my shopping trips because they take so long, but I often get asked by non-vegans "what do you eat!" and if they are vega*n then it's still "what do you eat" so here's our big-payday-shopping-trip, all of the canned/dried/frozen stuff will last for a month, the fresh stuff will last for 1-2 weeks.

*=organic

5 LB bag gala apples
8 orange nectarines (and they are so good)
8 black & red plums
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
2 orange bell peppers
1/3 LB fresh dates*
1 LB baby spring mix*
1 1/2 LB parsnips
6 asain pears
9 kiwis
1 LB portabella mushrooms
2 6oz raspberry O'soy yogurt cups*
2 6oz blueberry O'soy yogurt cups*
4 blocks firm tofu*
1 carton Silk unsweetened*
3 of the biggest artichokes I've ever seen (pictured above)
1 box plum antioxident white tea
1 LB brown rice flour*
2 LB dry white beans
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans small red beans
3 cans small white beans
2 cans chickpeas
1 can black beans
1g saffron*
7oz package garam marsala
1 bottle pomegranate molasses
2 LB moong dal (split yellow lentils)
1 bottle La Choy soy sauce (it is gluten-free)
1 package Lundberg Mochi Sweet Rice Cakes* (these are so good and chrunchy)
3 LB frozen blueberries
12 LB frozen strawberries
6 LB mixed frozen fruit (dole)
4 shelf-stable cartons Westsoy unsweetened*
1 bottle lemon pepper seasoning
6 LB ruby grapefruit
2 limes
1 bottle hot sauce
1 bottle garlic infused red wine vinagar


"inside my fridge"


"crisper drawer"


"the pantry"

5 comments:

Sheree' said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great shopping trip. I have to say, that artichoke is huge!!

Candi said...

How fun peeking into the fridge and pantry! :) I love doing that! your produce draw is awesome... I am envious!! :P

Sheree' said...

Hi Steffie,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.